- Policy Summit on Housing, Human Capital, and Inequality
- Preserving Affordable Rural Rental Housing
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Webinar on Today's Young Workers
- Investing in America's Workforce
- Next-Stage Growth for Small Businesses
- Developing Career-Based Training
- Place-Based Funding in Smaller Cities
- New Series on Economic Growth and Mobility
- Webinar on Closing the Middle-Level "Skills Gap"
- Webinar on Careers in Health Care and Opportunity Occupations
- Register for March 23-24 Community Development Conference
Webinar on Preserving Affordable Rural Rental Housing
Thousands of affordable rental properties in rural communities are in danger of being lost to disrepair or market forces in the next decade. This webinar will explore strategies that are being implemented to try and preserve them, with a focus on recently released data and tools that can help community organizations and their partners better understand the current landscape of affordable rural rental housing.
Join experts from PolicyMap and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Housing Service as they describe the tools and data their organizations have developed or are hosting. You’ll also hear a practitioner’s perspective, as the leader of Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership discusses how his organization is using those tools and resources to identify at-risk properties and assess preservation strategies.
- Elizabeth Nash, PolicyMap
- Bryan Hooper, USDA Rural Housing Service
- Rick Goodemann, Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership
Register for the May 4 webinar, which takes place at 3:00 p.m. ET. Participation is free, but preregistration is required.
The Connecting Communities® webinar series is a Federal Reserve System initiative intended to provide a national audience with timely information on emerging and important community and economic development topics. All past sessions are archived on the Connecting Communities website.